PREP TIME: 10 min | COOK TIME: 20 min TOTAL TIME: 30 min | YIELDS: 4 servings
|2-9 oz pkg||Three Bridges Italian Sausage Ravioli|
|3 tbsp||olive oil|
|1⁄2 cup||onion, finely diced|
|2 tbsp||cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp||chili flakes|
|1⁄2 cup||dry white wine|
|28 oz||can whole peeled tomatoes|
|8 oz||crushed tomatoes|
|1 tbsp||fresh thyme, chopped|
|1 tsp||dried Italian oregano|
|1 tbsp||Italian parsley, chopped|
|Asiago cheese, grated|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium size sauce pan and add the onions and garlic. Turn the heat to low and sweat for 5 minutes or until the onions turn translucent. Add chili flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to high and deglaze the pan with wine. Reduce heat to medium and cook until the wine has dried up.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, oregano and salt & pepper and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ravioli and cook per package instructions.
- Place ravioli in a large bowl and spoon the sauce over it, lightly toss to incorporate. Serve the ravioli in bowls and top with some of the sauce, chopped parsley and Asiago cheese. Serve and enjoy!